Title : A Straight Line by Oona D'Mello
Medium : Handwoven Cotton on Plywood
Size : 90" x 43"
Artist Note : "The concept of a straight line creates within me, a static emotion. This work creates resistance by being stationary and yet encouraging the viewer’s eye to journey along its contours and flowing interface."
Year : 2019
About The Artist
Born in Mumbai, Oona D’mello’s long-term engagement with art has taken on a multitude of expressions through her experiments with design, décor and social impact via art. Oona formalised her education in art with a Fine Arts degree from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, specialising in painting. Oona made Chicago her home for nearly a decade, taking on roles such as the Art and Gallery Director at The Chicago Mosaic School, in conjunction with events at the Gallery of Contemporary Mosaics. She simultaneously had a number of solo and group shows in Chicago and Ohio, as well as in China and India. The artist presented her experiments with textiles and painting at an exhibition in Venice, Italy. She went on to exhibit her textile-based paintings in Singapore with her show Feeling Resistance, Memory & Practice in September 2019. Oona is the co-founder of Est. Form, a creative collective. Est. Form: Edition I had a one-day launch with a gallery view on Decemeber 14th, 2019, which was also Oona’s first show in Mumbai.
*Important* Note On Shipping
Notes Regarding Shipping:
- All unframed art is shipped in high quality poster tubes.
- All framed art is packed in custom made wooden crates and shipped within India by local tempo.
- Please note, you will be charged an estimated shipping rate at the time of checkout. The final rate of applicable shipping might be higher or lower than what you see there.
- If it's lower you will be refunded the difference
- If it's higher, you will be separately invoiced for the difference
- In case of any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarity on shipping rates.
- International Customers, please do not check out online, email us for the art you are interested in.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.