*40% of all profits will be contributed to Karwan e Mohabbat*
At daybreak on the Narmada, a devotee swirls across the river’s surface while reading the Ramcharitmanas. In the epic poem, Tulsidas drew upon rich philosophical and spiritual knowledge from the Vedas, Upanishads and Puranas and made them accessible through the Awadhi language. The Bhakti Movement, which reached its zenith between the 15th and 17th centuries, provided individuals a spiritual path regardless of their birth and gender. During that period, poet-saints like Kabirdas, Bulhe Shah and Guru Nanak produced devotional literature that encompassed a variety of philosophical positions. Mysticism also contributed to syncretic exchange between Hinduism and Sufi Islam. Many of the works remain popular today.
Medium : Digital Print on Archival Paper.
- 8" x 12" : Rs. 5,000. Edition of 10.
- 10" x 15" : Rs. 8,000. Edition of 10.
- 12" x 18" : Rs.12,000. Edition of 10.
All prints are signed and numbered by the photographer and are accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
Framing : Unframed
1. Price is inclusive of local taxes.
2. Shipping rates as applicable.
3. Framing can be done on request. Additional framing, shipping and packaging charges will be confirmed over email once we receive your order.
4. For international orders, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Artist
Aaran Patel is an educator and photographer who is currently pursuing a Master in Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He spent four years with Teach For India as a fellow and member of the organisation’s innovation cell, during which time he photographed classrooms and communities around the country and shot TFI’s ten year book, Grey Sunshine. Aaran has also photographed handloom initiatives in Maheshwar for the last decade, and more broadly been an observer of changing conceptions of space in several cities in India. Aaran collaborated with Jeff Nelson on "Mumbai is Upgrading" shown at G5A, an exhibition of digital artworks that sought to conserve elements of the past and develop a landscape of parallel existence.
*Important* Note On Shipping
Notes Regarding Shipping:
- All unframed art is shipped in high quality poster tubes.
- All framed art is packed in custom made wooden crates and shipped within India by local tempo.
- Please note, you will be charged an estimated shipping rate at the time of checkout. The final rate of applicable shipping might be higher or lower than what you see there.
- If it's lower you will be refunded the difference
- If it's higher, you will be separately invoiced for the difference
- In case of any queries, please email us at email@example.com for clarity on shipping rates.
- International Customers, please do not check out online, email us for the art you are interested in.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.