*40% of all profits will be contributed to Karwan e Mohabbat*
Built in 1424 during the reign of the founder of Ahmedabad, Ahmed Shah I, the architectural elements of the Jama Masjid suggest borrowing and sharing amongst cultures. Alongside the Arabic calligraphy, the mosque has domes shaped like lotuses, and some of the pillars are carved with bells, a reference to Hindu temples. This reflects adaptation and sensitive homage to customs and traditions, the balance between which continues to be central to contemporary ideas of citizenship. Textbooks might be written but one would hope that stories in stone remain eternal.
Medium : Digital Print on Archival Paper.
- 8" x 12" : Rs. 5,000. Edition of 10.
- 10" x 15" : Rs. 8,000. Edition of 10.
- 12" x 18" : Rs.12,000. Edition of 10.
All prints are signed and numbered by the photographer and are accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
Framing : Unframed
1. Price is inclusive of local taxes.
2. Shipping rates as applicable.
3. Framing can be done on request. Additional framing, shipping and packaging charges will be confirmed over email once we receive your order.
4. For international orders, please email us at email@example.com
About The Artist
Aaran Patel is an educator and photographer who is currently pursuing a Master in Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He spent four years with Teach For India as a fellow and member of the organisation’s innovation cell, during which time he photographed classrooms and communities around the country and shot TFI’s ten year book, Grey Sunshine. Aaran has also photographed handloom initiatives in Maheshwar for the last decade, and more broadly been an observer of changing conceptions of space in several cities in India. Aaran collaborated with Jeff Nelson on "Mumbai is Upgrading" shown at G5A, an exhibition of digital artworks that sought to conserve elements of the past and develop a landscape of parallel existence.
*Important* Note On Shipping
Notes Regarding Shipping:
- All orders ship in 7-14 days.
- All unframed art is shipped in high quality poster tubes.
- All framed art is packed in custom made wooden crates and shipped within India by local tempo.
- Please note, you will be charged an estimated shipping rate at the time of checkout. The final rate of applicable shipping might be higher or lower than what you see there.
- If it's lower you will be refunded the difference
- If it's higher, you will be separately invoiced for the difference
- All art and merchandise for active shows is shipped after the show ends.
- In case of any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarity on shipping rates.
- International Customers, please do not check out online, email us for the art you are interested in.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.